Leave No Trace Bigfoot

Leave No Trace Bigfoot

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

It was a Cold and Rainy Night...

Now its a cold rainy and a little snowy day! 

We have a house that is an older home, but still its ours.  We always have some "work" to accomplish on it but its my favorite place to spend time. 

The Front of our home on my birthday in 2012.  What a great kid I have :) 
I have had a long term goal that I have put on the back burner because it seems that living in Kansas we are in a drought.  Big News right?  Well this particular goal is to put on new guttering and install rain barrels.  Seems kind of un-worth it right now, but imagine all the projects I could do with the rain water when we do have it! 

Of course I would totally be the one with solar panels if I could too. 

Today's rain brings me back to all the things that we can do at home that helps our environment and reduces our carbon footprint. 

I found this site a while back Reduce Your Footprint and we have adopted many of the suggestions.  I think there are great ideas through the whole site but that particular page especially struck me. 

This is a great way to calculate how your current actions effect our environment (we used it in a class I took a while back - SO eye opening  My Footprint

So why am i bringing this up on a Leave No Trace blog?  Well Leave No Trace is SO important while in nature, but we are missing a huge part of what we should be doing if our behaviors are only modified or better when in nature.  The bulk of our time is spent at home or at the very least in our community.  It is as important to do what we need to do to help our enviornment even in the places that have already changed - and where we spend the most time. 

Think about it.  Isn't our earth worth it?


No comments:

Post a Comment