Leave No Trace Bigfoot

Leave No Trace Bigfoot

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Progress

As this blog has progressed it has taken shape in ways I didn't expect. I thought when I started this little adventure that I would stick with the ideas found within the Leave No Trace Program.  However, I think this more whole lifestyle approach makes more since to me.  I truly believe that you cant act one way one place and not another yet expect that both areas are going to be better overall or in the future.  I am not sure I realized that before I started writing.  Lifestyle is important - regardless of your location. 





Our world seems to be reaching a different phase of its existence.  The weather patterns have changed and in general the changes we are seeing are no longer able to be blamed on perception.  I wonder about the what if aspect of this.  How has manufacturing and technology changed our Earth.  Is it possible that these problems could have been avoided with out those additions?  But more importantly we cannot change the past so do these actions that leave our natural environment the way it is or the better uses of our resources in our town and cities where the natural environment is no longer viewable.  Will the reforestation effort in places where so many trees are already lost be worth the effort or has too much time already passed or will past before the trees are mature? 

There may not be answers to these questions, at least not in our lifetime.  But are you willing to risk not acting in a proactive manner which is reactive to what previous generations actions.  Or more importantly what will our children and grandchildren have to deal with because of our lack of action?

A wide lens is needed within these issues and will need to be tweaked as time goes on to make the situation better.  Not just for us but for generations to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment